Thursday, 12 February 2015

Products I Regret Buying #1


1) L'Oreal Nude Maqique CC Cream: I'd heard this was a really great base for under foundation, so when I saw this in Boots I stupidly put it straight in my basket without swatching the tester on my hand. Big mistake! Being very pale this turns from green to what looks like bright orange on my face - not a good look! Even when I apply my foundation over the top the shade can't be hidden. I've resorted to using it when I have a foundation too pale for me, and need to mix in another colour.

2) Kiehl's UV Defence 50PA+++: I wanted to love this so much, as it does sink in quite well for such a high factor sun protector, and it doesn't leave too bad a white cast on my face. However my sensitive skin just couldn't handle this, and after a few uses I had broken out very badly. I know this works really well for a lot of people, so I'll be giving this one away to a family member or friend.

3) NUXE Reve De Miel Lip Balm: I absolutely hated this! Most people seem to love it, however my lips couldn't stand it. After about a week of using it overnight my lips began to crack and peel like nothing I'd ever experienced, then I got tiny spots all over my lips. I must've had an allergic to one of the ingredients, however I'm really not sure which. So beware if you have sensitive skin like myself!

4) L'Oreal Studio Secrets Lip Tint: I have this in the shade 'Runaway Rose', which is a really pretty colour. However, after a few weeks this had nearly completely dried up, and began to apply very unevenly onto the lips. I tried to layer the colour, but it never looked right, and didn't fade well either. Definitely a product to stay clear of.

Did anyone else have any issues with any of these products?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Thank you for the honest review.
    http://fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I am now following you on bloglovin!

    If you have a moment, check out my OOTD post I dedicated to my valentine!
    http://twentywho.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love, I just checked out your blog and will follow too :)

      Delete
  3. good honest review ! shame about NUXE

    by the way you have a new follower ...me ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a shame! Thanks - I followed you too :)

      Delete
  4. I was nearly stung by the L'Oreal CC Cream too! I looked sheer in youtube videos, and everyone said the results were amazing. I did a last-second swatch in the shops and got such a fright - it's pure orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did look sheer, I saw it on youtube too. Ah you were very lucky!

      Delete
  5. oh my goodness, I was just about to try the Nuxe lip balm, glad I didn't now that I read this. I'll stick to my Dior Creme de Rose one instead. So sorry that didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'd stick with the Dior one. I'm yet to try it, but I've heard great things!

      Delete

© Breony Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig