Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Back To MAC #1: Reviews

1) FIX +: loved this! Perfect to set a face of makeup, it prevents you looking too matte and powdery. I also started using this with my beauty blender to apply foundation, which helps it stay looking fresh all day. The only down side I found was that towards the end of the bottle it is very difficult to get all of the product out.

2) STUDIO SCULPT FOUNDATION: I've owned this foundation for over 2 years now, and admittedly have a love/hate relationship with it. It is medium to full coverage, and you only need a really tiny amount which is great as the tube lasts ages. If I was having a bad skin day I reached for this, as it does a good job of covering any imperfections. But, if you apply too much I find it can look terrible - very cakey, and I know this sounds odd but it clings to the hair on my face! Has anyone else found that? Another issue is I find it doesn't blend particularly well, you have to work quite quickly before it sets.

3) PREP / PRIME LIP: this smells amazing - reminded me of marshmallows which I loved. It helped moisturise my lips reasonably well, and kept any lip products on for longer. It also helped them fade better, which is great for me as I work in a role where I can't be constantly re-applying my lipstick. Will be repurchasing when I'm next at a MAC counter.

4) 'LINGERING' EYE PENCIL: I wish I could've loved this eyebrow pencil, as it is the perfect match for my brows. Plus, it goes on very easily, lasts all day, and you don't need to worry about sharpening as it is retractable. However, I think I wasted at least 1/3 of this product - if I wound up the pencil any further than just past the opening it would crumble off, and couldn't be used. So frustrating!

5) COMPLETE COMFORT CREME: this is potentially my HG winter moisturiser. It is thick and creamy, sinking in quickly and moisturising really well. I find it great for when my oily skin gets dehydrated, as it doesn't leave any residue, and is a perfect base for makeup. I don't find my skin getting too oily through the day when I've used this. Will definitely be repurchasing! 

6) COOL LIQUID POWDER: I really liked this powder, it is extremely finely milled, and sits beautifully on skin to give a real glow. This product does contain a slight shimmer, however I found on my very fair complexion it wasn't obvious. The strange thing is it didn't feel cool at all on my skin! My version of this powder is from the amazing Venomous Villains collection released a few years ago, however I believe these powders are available as part of the permanent collection.

Time for me to pick up a new lipstick from my local MAC counter! I really do love the recycling scheme they offer <3
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about the Fix+ but have never got round to trying it! The Prep + Prime lip sounds great too..need to add it to my shopping list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you should try it, I really enjoyed it. Definitely, more things to add to the wishlist! :)

      Delete
  2. i haven't tried nearly enough mac products, i remember using the foundation years ago and really liking it so i might have to try it again :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, there are so many I'd love to try! They have too much choice.

      I love your blog - followed on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  3. Great reviews, I also found that Lingering was the perfect shade match for my brows! Frustrating that the texture wasn't right though. Any ideas what lipstick you'll be picking up?
    xx
    Krista | Love, Krista - advice from your online esthetician

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it is a great shade. Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest - too many great colours to pick from! I'm looking for something I can wear everyday, one of those 'my lips but better' - let me know if you have any recommendations :)

      Delete
  4. I've been so tempted to try MAC lingering, but I can't seem to get away from my current (anastasia brow wiz).

    xo,
    le jolie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the brow wiz, but I've heard it is much better! So maybe you aren't missing out :)

      Delete
  5. Hi babe, I would like to nominate you and your blog for the #liebsteraward :) If you would like to take part, check out my latest post on www.twentysomethingxo.com where it explains what the award means and your questions :) I hope you enjoy it!! lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Breony Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig