Friday, 6 February 2015

Confessions of a Jewellery Hoarder





As I sit here typing this, I can see from the corner of my eye a huge jewellery hanger overflowing with items. I found the best way for me to store everything is using an organiser, which I hang on my bedroom door. You can get some really lovely ones, such as this and this. So cute! However, it is desperately in need of a clear out -  every weekend I think I'll sort through it, but it never happens. I always think, hmm, surely I'll wear it again? No, stop hoarding!

My aim at the moment is not just to downsize my jewellery collection, but also my clothes, shoes and makeup. My bedroom storage is already overflowing, so I'm trying to replace lots of junk with better quality pieces that will last me a long time. I have to admit it's not an easy process - reading so many fashion and beauty blogs makes you want hit the shops and try everything! The thing is, with jewellery I'm not sure which brands are best. I tend to gets lots from Topshop and Warehouse, and have managed to pick up some nice pieces from unexpected places (like M&S). I'd like to pay a bit more, and get stuff that won't turn green (that always happens to me, so annoying!), but I'm not sure where to start.

Can anyone help out? Any recommendations?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Love your gold watch!
    xx
    www.theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriana! I love your blog, you have amazing style. Instant follow! :)

      Delete
  2. M&S does have some really lovely pieces!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do, I must say I was quite shocked.

      Your blog name is amazing btw! :)

      Delete
  3. I'm such a jewellery hoarder too aha! :)

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha there are just too many nice pieces out there! Too tempting. :)

      Delete
  4. My fingers are constantly turning green from cheap(er) jewellery, not ideal! ASOS have a very good selection!

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never a good look is it. Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  5. Great post !!!

    I love your blog

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    I have also shared your blog with my friends :)

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Sure, I will check your blog out now.

      Delete
  6. Hey! I am actually writing a blog post on this right now! Should be up later today, have a look, there are some good tips for you!
    x

    Ines | London Last Night

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am exactly the same... I have a huge cabinet filled with jewelry and I only wear half of it lol
    Lovely blog BTw <3

    www.canvasfashions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, what are we like. Thanks - same to you! I will check out your youtube channel :)

      Delete
  8. Such a great post. I love your watch.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia. It's definitely my favourite watch!

      Delete
  9. Wow, that's a LOT of jewellery ahah and I also am a hoarder of makeup! I can't bear to part with random 5 year old palettes that I don't use etc!
    https://cherieedle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I am worse with makeup! It is so difficult to part with!

      Delete

© Breony Beauty | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig